At Bike North, with over 500 members, we offer something for everyone.
Whether you are 18 or 80 years of age or somewhere in between. Whether you like to ride an e-bike, racer or hybrid. Whether you ride for recreation, exercise, fun or to commute. Whether you prefer a leisurely <15 km/h pace or like to challenge yourself over 25 km/h. Whether 20km is more than enough distance for you or you prefer to stretch it to 100.
With over 40 rides each month, led by experienced ride leaders (https://staging.bikenorth.org.au/our-rides/our-ride-leaders/), there is sure to be a ride for you. Check out our calendar: https://staging.bikenorth.org.au/cal/ .
As well as enjoying being out on two wheels, Bike North promotes the use of bicycles, provides road safety education and advocates for positive outcomes for cyclists in the nine northern LGAs: Hornsby, Hunters Hill, Ku-ring-gai, Lane Cove, North Sydney, Ryde, Willoughby, Parramatta and The Hills. Read about our ongoing advocacy work https://staging.bikenorth.org.au/advocacy/
Most of all, Bike North members love to have fun!
We invite you to join us!
What are the benefits of joining Bike North?
- more than 40 rides each month
- rides lead by trained Ride Leaders
- weekday and weekend rides
- we cater equally for males and females
- we welcome e-bike cyclists
- we represent your needs
- purchase official Bike North jerseys, polo shirts, bottles
- exclusive access to Bike North events
- participate in email discussion groups
- spend time with like-minded people
- join our organised weekends away
- support the promotion of cycling and improved cycling facilities
- increase the cyclists’ voice in the community
- get fit and make new friends
Types of Membership
Bike North offers two classes of membership, Standard and Premium, each with different benefits. Click here for details Types of Membership .
Do I need to be an experienced cyclist to ride with or join Bike North?
Absolutely not. Whilst our rides do cater very well for serious, long distance riders, we also take pride in helping novices find their cycling wheels. So, whether your idea of a great ride is a gentle trundle around Olympic Park, a hard slog up Mt. White and beyond, or anywhere in between, we’ve got the ride for you.
How can I get involved with Bike North?
We encourage all members to become involved in our work to promote cycling. Tasks range from the simple to complex, one-offs to ongoing. Consider ride Leading, stuffing envelopes, writing letters or articles, surveying routes, participating in a meeting. Just get in touch!